Seeking to build a new home or multi unit development? It is best to understand the stages of building a house in Australia first.
The process of building a house falls into 5 stages of construction.
- This stage includes the laying of the slab, foundations & face brickwork.
- The building frame is completed.
Lock up stage
- The lockup stage in building includes all roofing, brickwork, cladding, structural flooring and external windows and doors being installed.
- Walls, plaster, architraves, skirtings, doors, baths, showers, wet areas, tiling, built in shelves, cabinets, cupboards, plumbing and electrical facilities are completed.
Completion stage (Fit off)
- Final stage of construction includes the fitting off by the electrician, carpenter and plumber to finish installing appliances and accessories.
When it comes to the building development stages, a new home build should the following 5 stages. Having a consistent process allows for a better understanding for everyone within the building and construction industry. As an owner, you should have an understanding of each of these stages.